Sustainable Investors is a Midwest-based company involved in the acquisition and management of long-term renewable energy lease and easement agreements. We are deeply rooted within the energy space with extensive experience in working with landowners which led us to develop a unique program enabling you to take an upfront payment for your existing energy agreement. Our program is for people getting paid to host energy assets such as utility-scale wind turbine or those who own acreage actively participating in a project.
Sustainable Investors offers landowners the opportunity to “cash-out” with an upfront lump sum payment instead waiting for smaller annual payments. If you are participating in an energy project and have a lease or easement on your land, please contact us today to learn more about how you can invest in your future now!
- Receive a lump sum payment now instead waiting for smaller annual payments.
- Re-invest your lump sum payment into other investments of your choice.
- Use your lump sum payment as a hedge against fluctuating commodity prices.
- Utilize your lump sum payment to pay off debt and avoid paying unnecessary interest.
- Get rid of ordinary income tax obligations and defer taxes by utilizing a 1031 (like-kind) Exchange.
- Make more money by separating your lease and easement payments from your land’s per-acre value.
- More money now means more spending power. You’ll have the opportunity to save, invest, or spend your money in the way that best fits your individual or family needs and goals.
- Be better prepared for the future whether this means expanding your farm by adding additional acres, buying new equipment, investing in your children’s education, or retirement planning.
Introductions: A Sustainable Investors representative will meet with you to share more about the program and learn more about your financial goals.
Information Exchange: Sustainable Investors will collect all of your contact information, a copy of your land lease/easement agreement, and verification of or your payment history from the project’s owner.
Evaluation: We look at each lease/easement agreement on a case by case basis since the terms of each agreement vary including payment terms, project variables, risk factors, etc. We will complete a thorough financial analysis to determine our valuation and offer to you.
Offer: We will present you with a formal offer based on our evaluation of your lease/easement agreement.
Acceptance & Execution: If you accept our offer, we will prepare all necessary documentation required to complete the transaction. Once all documents are successfully signed and filed, Sustainable Investors will present you with immediate payment. Our goal is to complete the entire process from introductions though payment within 30-60 days.
Ongoing Relationship: We look forward to having an ongoing relationship with you after closing to answer any questions that arise or assist with your continued obligations to the project owner.